Wednesday, March 05, 2014

A simple Prayer

Posted by Christoph




"O God, if Thou art a God: I do not love Thee; I do not want Thee; 
 I do not believe there is any happiness in Thee: but I am miserable as I am.  
Give me what I do not seek; give me what I do not want. If Thou canst, make me happy. I am miserable as I am. I am tired of this world; if there is anything better, give it me."


"Oh Gott, wenn du bist - ich liebe dich nicht; Ich wünsche dich nicht;
Ich glaube nicht, dass in dir Glückseligkeit zu finden ist. Aber ich bin so elend.
Gib mir, was ich nicht suche. Gib mir, was ich nicht wünsche. 
Wenn du kannst, so mache mich glücklich.
Ich bin so unglücklich, wie es nur sein kann. Ich bin dieser Welt müde.
Wenn es irgend etwas besseres gibt, so gib es mir."


This a prayer of Caroline Frey, taken from the book "Kneeling Christian".
Dies ist ein Gebet von Caroline Frey, gefunden in dem Buch "Der kniende Christ".
 

0 comments: